I'm Trying to Learn French!

Over the years I have been backwards and forwards trying to learn the French language. Sometimes I get better, sometimes I get worse, but i never seem to get anywhere. In an ill informed and possibly futile move I have decided to start this blog where I will explore a frech word or phrase each and every day until I have some vague passable knowledge of the French language. So join me from day one as the ultimate beginner learns French!

Thursday 30 October 2008

Saying Please and Thank You in French

Saying please and thank you in French is one of the first things most people pick up, and these simple French phrases will stand you in good stead.

Please is S'il vous plait, pronounced seel voo play

Thank you is Merci, pronounced as you see it (Thank god)

You're welcome is De Rien, pronounced dah ree-ehn

These French pleasentaries are pretty much required if you want to keep the french people on your good side, keep polite by using these easy to learn french phrases :)

0 comments: