I'm Trying to Learn French!

Over the years I have been backwards and forwards trying to learn the French language. Sometimes I get better, sometimes I get worse, but i never seem to get anywhere. In an ill informed and possibly futile move I have decided to start this blog where I will explore a frech word or phrase each and every day until I have some vague passable knowledge of the French language. So join me from day one as the ultimate beginner learns French!

Tuesday 28 October 2008

Saying Hello in French

So when you first meet a French person you will undoubtedly want to say hello without making yourself look a tit, especially when the french person turns out to be pretty damn hot and sporting that lovely French accent!

Fortunately saying hello in French is pretty easy!

Good Morning and Good Day in French can both be covered by Bonjour, you say this pretty much how it sounds, except when you say the 'j' make sure you put a heavy z on it,sou it sounds more like 'bonzjhoor'

Good Evening in French is covered by Bonsoir, which sounds something more like Bonswar when spoken!

When you know someone a little better you can say shorten it to Salut, the french don't really pronounce the 't' though so it is more like Sah loo

0 comments: